Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What I'm reading or recommend reading

Over the last few weeks, several people have asked me what books I would recommend. So, here is a list of what I'm either reading or have read in the last couple of years that I find to be important:

The World is Flat/ 2.0 Version, by Thomas Friedman
The Barbarian Way, by Erwin McManus
A Generous Orthodoxy, by Brian McLaren
Listening to Your Life, by Frederick Buechner
The Critical Journey, by Janet Hagberg
Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas, by Bono & Michka Assayas
The Gift of Being Yourself, by David Benner
Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller

In addition to these, I have just been given Barak Obama's The Audacity of Hope,
as well as The Gospel According to the Beatles (don't have the author's name in front of me), and I will begin reading these two books next month.

So, there you have it, what I've been reading that has helped to mess me up over the last couple of years. Since I'm in grad school right now, I don't get to read enough of my own choices, but I do fit in what I can when I can. Whenever I run across something else to recommend, you'll hear from me.

Later,

Jerry

No comments: