Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving '10

My favorite holiday is without a doubt Thanksgiving. I could list numerous reasons why it's my favorite, not the least of which involves food. Plus, Thanksgiving kind of seems like the calm before the coming yuletide storm. But, the biggest reason for my love of Thanksgiving is found in its name...it's a time set aside to think about those people, things, and events for which we are thankful, and then actually express that thankfulness.

So, in the spirit of the holiday, here are some of the people, things, and events that I am thankful for in 2010:

For Jeanine and how she keeps me laughing, sane, and dreaming.

For Jennifer, who has shown this year just what a strong, capable woman she is.

For being able to see Clapton live again this year.

For being able to be back in the Twin Cities, my other home town.

That in spite of who didn't want me, HCSO did.

For MOMENTUM (more on that later).

That the Lakers won the championship...again. Even better that it was over the Celtics.

That the '72 Dolphins remain the NFL's only unbeaten, untied Super Bowl champs.

For being part of Second Life of Chattanooga and its conspiracy of hope.

For Burns and CBC.

That I'm an Irreverend, and for the other 3 guys who are that as well.

For "The Turning" that has been 2010.

That I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

And finally, as I've said many times before, for being on the road I never expected, but secretly dreamed of, and for the One who made sure I found that road...or that it found me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Cat22 said...

And I'm thankful for you, Jerry, and our friendship. Have a truly happy Thanks-giving.

Anonymous said...

I was called an Irreverend the other night. I wasn't sure what it meant but if you, Jerry, are also that I guess I'm doing okay.