Wednesday, August 12, 2015

New York (and Boston) state of mind

This Friday I'm headed to New York City with our great friends at Yellow Rose Productions. Yellow Rose's original play, "Princess Cut," a true story of a Knoxville-area sex trafficking survivor, is being performed at the Fringe Theater Festival on the lower east side of Manhattan. Each show is followed by a panel discussion that I lead, and we'll be doing 5 performances between Fri. night the 14th and Friday the 21st. Please visit yellowroseproductions.org or the Yellow Rose Facebook page for performance times and location.

I've been privileged to lead the panel for every performance of the play to date, so it's a special honor to be asked by Danielle, Kerri, and the rest of the Yellow Rose team to be part of this special week in New York. I'll be blogging daily while on the trip, covering each performance, as well as the other Second Life of Chattanooga-related meetings I'm involved in while in the city. Plus, I'll be writing about what it's like being back in my favorite city on the planet after not visiting there in quite some time.

I'll also be taking a day in Boston with my great friend Kevin Kokx, so that will be covered as well. I do love me some Beantown.

Hopefully decent pictures will also be a result of the trip, but I make no promises.

I hope you'll enjoy the posts. Please feel free to add your own New York (or Boston) stories to the comments.

No comments: